CBD oil extracted from the cannabis plant is widely used to treat several health conditions. When it comes to women’s health, a woman’s body goes through many more changes with aging than a man. Women approaching menopause phase experience many uncomfortable side effects since their body stops producing estrogen and progesterone.
Types of menopause: Menopause doesn’t occur for everyone at 50. The different types of menopause include:
- Induced menopause: Certain medical treatments, drugs or radiation therapies cause harm to the ovaries resulting in induced menopause. Menopause may appear all of a sudden post-surgery or the transition can be gradual in case of drugs being the reason for menopause.
- Natural menopause: Most women go through menopause at some point in their lives – typically around 45 to 50 years.
- Premature menopause: For about 1% of women, menopause occurs before they turn 40. This might cause infertility problems.
Regardless of when menopause occurs, it is likely to trigger uncomfortable symptoms. If you are looking for natural ways to ease menopause symptoms consider trying CBD. Try the CBD full spectrum CBD oil available at JustCBD store. They are the leading CBD manufacturers in the US featuring high quality, effective CBD products sourced from organic hemp.
How does CBD help to manage menopause symptoms?
Out body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) uses our body’s naturally produced cannabinoids to regulate several bodily functions. The level of cannabinoids increase when there is more production of estrogen which is responsible for mood regulation. The drop in estrogen brings down the level of cannabinoids in the body and there are noticeable mood swings.
If we substitute this using CBD oil, the artificially induced CBD will react with the ECS and help ease mood swings. CBD makes up for the low estrogen levels in our body and helps experiencing menopause in several ways.
Common menopause symptoms and its association with estrogen:
- Vaginal dryness: Sex can be quite painful during menopause causing them to shun away from sex. It is estrogen which helps to dilate blood vessels thereby promoting blood flow to the vagina. Low estrogen levels cause vaginal dryness.
- Diminished libido: Generally majority of women have high libido during their ovulation phase aka when their estrogen levels peak during the cycle.
- Urinary incontinence: Vagina, pelvic floor, urethra and bladder contain estrogen receptors. Estrogen keeps urinary tract infections at bay. More than 70% of women who have urinary incontinence complain that it started during their menopause.
- Weight gain: Both low and high estrogen levels are associated with weight gain. Since estrogen production drops significantly during menopause, there is cholesterol buildup around the waist increasing the chances of obesity.
- Insomnia: Estrogen is found to improve the quality of sleep. Inadequate sleep leaves us tired and stressed out all through the day.
Improved sexual health with CBD oil:
CBD lubricants serve as natural vasolidators. They make muscles stronger, promote blood flow to the vagina, increases sex drives and paves the way for painless sex. Avoid letting menopause dull your sex life. Use CBD products to ward off the side effects of menopause.