Endocannabinoid system is a signalling system that is responsible to balance and maintain various activities of our body. It acts as a network that passes signals to various parts of our body for proper functioning of our immune system, metabolism, memory, hunger, mood, reproduction, connection between cells, and more.
Endocannabinoid system, generally known as ECS, has three main components:
- Cannabinoid receptors: The two important ECS receptors are CB1 and CB2 that is present in all over the body such as immune system, skin, brain, bones and muscles.
- Endocannabinoids: Our body produces molecules called endocannabinoids, which are similar to plant-derived cannabinoids. As per the research, the two main endocannabinoids produced within our body are anandamide (AEA) and 2-arachidonoylglyerol (2-AG).
- Enzymes: Once the endocannabinoids completes their task, enzymes break them down. Fatty acid amide hydrolase is responsible for breaking down AEA and monoacylglycerol acid lipase beaks down 2-AG.
CBD or cannabidiol has gained much fame lately due to its health curing functions. There are many online stores that produce legal and certified CBD products. They provide variety of authentic CBD products such as CBD bath bombs, CBD topicals, CBD pain creams, CBD gummies, etc. You can also buy other related products from the Express Smoke Shop such as bongs, vape pens, bubblers, etc. to smoke or vape CBD and weed.
Endocannabinoid system (ECS) is one of the important networking systems in our body. However, not many are aware of this system. Therefore, one should gain more knowledge about ECS and take necessary steps to maintain healthy ECS.
Natural remedies for balanced Endocannabinoid system
The following are the natural ways to maintain the working of endocannabinoid system of our body:
- Cannabidiol or CBD:
- Herb derived cannabidiol has miraculous medicinal features.
- Used mainly for the production of medical and beauty products, they come in various forms.
- One can consume CBD based products or can apply it topically.
- CBD topicals when applied on the skin, it connects with the ECS receptors present in our body.
- It then helps in proper body functioning and provides relief from anxiety, mood swings and pain.
- Exercise is one of the best way to keep our body fit and healthy.
- Exercise boosts functioning of our endocannabinoid system.
- Exercise produces high level of AEA.
- Yoga, Meditation, breathing exercise and Aerobics has shown amazing results in maintaining a balanced ECS.
- Jogging, cycling and swimming too helps in boosting endocannabinoid system.
- Good diet:
- A proper diet is the key to healthy and balanced endocannabinoid system of our body.
- Fatty acid are responsible for producing endocannabinoids in our body.
- Food that include omega-3 fatty acid helps in proper functioning of ECS.
- Some of the food that contains high level of omega-3 fatty acids are fish, shrimp, walnuts, hemp seeds, seaweeds, algae, oysters and chia seeds.
- Turmeric, a yellow spice, helps in increasing the level of endocannabinoid in our body.
- Spices like clove, cinnamon, oregano and black pepper helps to stimulate CB2 receptor thereby curing the inflammation.
Maintaining strong and lively endocannabinoid system is equally important as like any other body part. Therefore, make sure to take necessary steps to boost ECS for proper functioning of your body.